Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Finally, the Final Blog Post!!



First of all I can hardly contain myself!! Finally, finally, we are finished. The blog was my nemesis throughout the duration of my program. This may not count as a deeply felt learning from the course, but I have to admit I am not a blogger!!!J
So…when I began my program I truly felt that I was going to utilize my education to work as a Program Director of an early childhood education program. Now, I cannot see myself doing that. I feel my passion has been discerned over the course of this program and I feel my area of expertise lies in working for organizations that assist children and families that are suffering due to traumatic experiences both locally and internationally. My background is in mental health and I feel both my experience and knowledge are complementary to support this goal.
Next, I had the expectation that I would primarily be working with children and didn’t really take into account the large family component that is necessary for successful implementation of programs.
Lastly, I think I found a belief in myself. I found the belief that I do have the knowledge and skills to make change happen. I finished this program and I now better go and do something with it, because I have been given the gift of knowledge to help others.
My long term goal has always been to work internationally with children and families. I have investigated programs such as Food for the Poor and HEART over the past several years and would love to work for one of those organizations when my children are all old enough to endure such travels. Essentially, I would love to work to help alleviate the suffering children endure from starvation to loss of loved ones in order to help children heal and have the opportunity to grow and learn, give children the gift of childhood!!
I would like to thank all of my colleagues in these courses! It has been inspiring to hear the great work all of you are doing in your communities and for children. I have learned so much from the experience and knowledge you have all shared with me and I wish you all the best of luck!! Dr. Teri, I appreciate the hard work and dedication that you have poured into this final capstone project for all of us. It is clear that you have a passion for helping your students and to see all of us grow and be successful in our profession. I am so thankful for the guidance you gave me and the commitment to our educational goals you have shown.
On a side note, I have been out of touch with the “real” world for so long I look forward to reading some fiction and probably need a good recommendation!!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein






5 comments:

  1. I have the same feelings towards finishing you do! My question is what will I do with my weekends when I don't have to research, read research, and write papers!?!? I think I'll take up a new hobby! :)

    Oh I have some recommendations for reading! LoL.

    Start with these:

    Revolution by Donnely(sp)
    Anna and the French Kiss by Perkins
    Divergent by Roth (The whole trilogy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I laughed so hard when I started reading your blog and by the end I had a tear falling. This has been a long struggle but in the end it is worth it! I wish you the best in all that you do and make sure to keep your personal dreams alive and make time to take care of you. These things will help to keep your passion for the ECE field alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a long struggle and challenging to say the least, but we made it! What an experience! I must say that I too thought that by the time I completed my program that I would work in one area, but found my passion in another area. I was able to start reading a novel today and am so happy about that! Isn't it funny how small things give up so much joy! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy...

    we should give a pat on our back for our achievement this far!
    I really glad finally we arrive in the finish line together!

    I wish you all the best with your future career and work and please keep in touch!

    Regards from the heart of Borneo
    Evita Kartikasari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy, I wish you the best! your posts always stirred my heart to continue working with passion and professionalism, please keep in touch, I want to continue hearing from you. my personal e-mail address khatocha@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete